Frequently Asked Questions
How can I see my child’s activity on the grom app?
Once a child is connected to a parent in the MamaBear App you can monitor their Grom App activity. In order to see your child’s Grom App activity (including their follow requests, followers, live posts, and comments) you must use their Grom App credentials to log in under their name in the MamaBear App. Once logged in you must open the monitoring option and select what options you would like to monitor and receive notifications for by clicking the toggles on. All monitoring options are defaulted to off.
Did iOS 8 change how MamaBear works?
In testing iOS 8 on iPhone 4s, the MamaBear team experienced network connectivity issues that would cause some location updates and alerts to be delayed or lost. iOS 8.0.2 seems to have addressed these issues, so please ensure that your child’s phone is running the latest version of iOS. In addition to staying current with iOS 8, please review these settings on their phone:
1. Be sure Location Services is on by reviewing Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
2. Be sure background app refresh is on for MamaBear from Settings > General > Background App refresh.
3. If your child is auto-updating apps, be sure they are logged in to MamaBear after an update.
4. Ask your child to not “swipe” MamaBear out of memory. MamaBear will still work when out of memory, but will not update as often.
I’m not receiving push notifications
Upon installing MamaBear, you received a prompt asking if you’d like to allow push notifications. If you said no, here are the instructions to reenable push notifications for MamaBear on iOS devices.
1. Go in to settings/Notification Center and touch on MamaBear.
2. In “Alert Style” touch on “Banners” (middle). Switch on Sounds.
3. Log Out of MamaBear App (via the menu) and log back in.
Will MamaBear drain my battery?
The app on the parent’s device will not impact battery life. The app on the child’s device will use more battery resources to collect location information. MamaBear “sleeps” while your child’s phone is stopped and “wakes” back up when your child’s phone is on the move. While all apps running location services impact battery life, we’ve tested MamaBear against other popular apps, and ours proves to be very efficient.
What kind of phone do I need?
Your child will need a data-connected iOS or Android smartphone with GPS for location and driving monitoring. Parents can monitor from an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. We support iOS 8 or higher and Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher.
LET US KNOW if you still have questions, we’ll gladly answer them right away.